[Cflowd] Flowscan graphs delaying

From: Scott Smith (ssmith@siu.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 21 2002 - 11:34:29 PDT

    Background :
    I've been using Cflowd and Flowscan for over a year on the same Linux
    box. We've added some HD and Memory, however the OS has pretty well
    stayed the same.

    Last few weeks :
    I noticed a few weeks ago that our graphs have started falling behind.
     Nothing has changed to the configs for over the past year. However,
    within the last few weeks, the graphs have started falling behind.
     Sometimes hours behind, and I don't think they ever catch back up. I
    can remove the back log of "flows.*" and leave the "flows.current" until
    the five minute change over. I don't like doing this as then the graph
    has a HUGE blank spot. Anyone else ever have this problem? If so, how
    did you fix it? If not, any suggestions where I can start looking?
     Could this be due to a heavy data download? We are graphing our
    Internet edge router that can have over 90Meg a second worth of data.

    The flows keep coming in, and they are incrementing. They just are
    being moved out of the /usr/local/arts/data/.../flows/ directory.

    --

    Scott Smith Network Engineering Services Southern Illinois University ssmith@siu.edu