[Cflowd] No data files, 'netstat -an' show port is IDLE

From: Muhammad Atiq Alam (atiq@eim.ae)
Date: Sat Oct 26 2002 - 02:12:13 PDT

    I am simply not getting any data files created at all. Here is what I am
    doing.

    i'm running cflowdmux and cflowd on my SunOS 5.5.1 system. Earlier I was
    running netflow and I was getting regular data files created. Then I
    used the same port settings and started cflowd. I can see cflowd running
    when I check 'ps -eaf'. And I also see my router sending me flow data
    when I run "snoop" for the particular port on my system (it should
    because it was storing the data for netflow). But I don't find any data
    files being created for cflow!!

    I also checked 'flowwatch all' and I see lot of data flowing... but I
    can't figure out how this can help me.

    Could some one please point out where I am going wrong?

    Thank You,
    Atiq