[Cflowd] netflow accounting

From: Edson Manners (emanners@realprod.acns.fsu.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 10:09:36 PST

    I use a perl script that pipes flow-recieve to flow-print and then pipes the
    output from flow-print as the input for the perl script. This script then
    copies the srcip and the sum of octets into a hash for each unique ipaddress.

     At the end of every day(11:55pm) this script is stopped and the ipaddresses
    along with the tally of octets used is written from the hash to a flat ascii
    file.

       My problem is that I also have cflowd on the same box and I would like to
    hear of opinions from people on the list of how to allow both cflowd and
    flowtools to be able to use the netflow data exported from my router.

      I've read of using flow-split that does not seem to be what I need to solve
    my problem, please correct me if I am wrong, I have also thought of saving
    the flows and exporting them to cflowd format using flow-export but then I
    cannot parse the data in realtime as my script is currently doing.

      I would really appreciate it if I could get views and opinions on what I
    should do in this situation. Any thing is appreciated.

    --
    In a rare moment of mental clarity,
    I realized that I was insane. - Edson Manners