Re: [Cflowd] Aggregation utility, how does it work?

From: Martin van den Nieuwelaar (martin@gadgets.co.nz)
Date: Wed Nov 27 2002 - 11:20:44 PST

    Hi,

    I think you problem is related to the fact that the aggregation
    utilities take ARTS files as input and produce ARTS files as output.
    The "data viewer" utilities take ARTS files as input and produce text
    output. Try using the aggregation utilities on an arts file, then run
    one of the viewers on the result.

    Hope this helps,

    -Martin

    Wanja Jansson wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Does anyone know how to make the arts++ aggregation ulilies working? When I
    > try, I only get unreadable data in my output file.
    > It looks like this:
    >

    > #p#
    >  *#
    >  &
    > #P�,
    > #I0#PG
    > # )P�S
    > #c#c
    >  _#i
    > #WG#P��
    > #
    > pgO
    > $
    > #O�g@�
    >  0
    >
    > What type should the output file be? I have it as an .txt file, maybe that
    > is the problem?
    >
    > What have I made wrong? I mean do I have to change anything in the
    > configuration files when I use the aggregation utility instead of the data
    > viewers? The dataviewers I can make working without any problems.
    >
    > Best Regards
    > Wanja Jansson

    Expert carrier network traffic analysis and visualisation
    http://www.networkintelligence.biz
    xenaphobia: The fear of being beaten to a
    pulp by a leather-clad, New Zealand woman