Re: [Cflowd] Cflowd patch error

From: Martin van den Nieuwelaar (martin@gadgets.co.nz)
Date: Thu Jan 09 2003 - 12:25:04 PST

    Hi Gab,

    When I saw your error I thought I'd have a look at my notes as I've
    installed the patch in the past without too many problems. My notes say:

    cd
    gtar xf cflowd-2-1-b1.tar
    cd cflowd-2-1-b1
    patch -p0 <../cflowd-2-1-b1-djp.patch

    This appears to be what you're doing. My only thoughts are that your
    patch file is corrupt or the wrong version, or the cflowd tar file has
    a similar problem.

    I just looked around for my version of cflowd. Here is the size of it.

    [root@server /root]# ls -l
    total 13948
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Sep 19 2001 bin
    drwxr-xr-x 9 3007 wheel 4096 Oct 25 2000 cflowd-2-1-b1
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 8980480 Jan 10 09:21 cflowd-2-1-b1.tar
    -rw------- 1 root root 815104 Sep 28 13:01 core
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4444100 Sep 28 12:59 rpm.txt

    If your cflowd is the same size I'd next suggest looking at the
    contents of the patch file and looking at performing the patch
    manually. When you find the lines that it's trying to patch I suspect
    it will become obvious why it's failing.

    Regards,

    -Martin

    gab jones wrote:
    > Hi People,
    >
    > I get the following errow when applying the cflowd patch. Anyone kow
    > Whats happened . Can anyone HELP. Iv tried all I can.(SEE ERROR BELOW
    > and versions)
    >
    > [root@linux-server local]# patch -p0 < ../cflowd-2-1-b1-djp.patch
    > bash: ../cflowd-2-1-b1-djp.patch: No such file or directory
    > [root@linux-server local]# cd cflowd-2-1-b1
    > [root@linux-server cflowd-2-1-b1]# patch -p0 < ../cflowd-2-1-b1-djp.patch
    > patching file apps/cflowd/cflowd.cc
    > Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    > Apply anyway? [n] y
    > Hunk #1 FAILED at 40.
    > Hunk #2 succeeded at 205 with fuzz 2 (offset 139 lines).
    > Hunk #3 FAILED at 225.
    > Hunk #4 FAILED at 720.
    > Hunk #5 FAILED at 821.
    > Hunk #6 FAILED at 1065.
    > Hunk #7 FAILED at 1134.
    > 6 out of 7 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file apps/cflowd/cflowd.cc.rej
    > patching file configure.in
    > Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    > Apply anyway? [n] y
    > Hunk #1 FAILED at 57.
    > 1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file configure.in.rej
    > [root@linux-server cflowd-2-1-b1]#
    > [root@linux-server cflowd-2-1-b1]# patch --version
    > patch 2.5.4
    > Copyright 1984-1988 Larry Wall
    > Copyright 1989-1999 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
    >
    > This program comes with NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
    > You may redistribute copies of this program
    > under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
    > For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYING.
    >
    > written by Larry Wall and Paul Eggert
    > [root@linux-server cflowd-2-1-b1]#
    >
    > VERSIONS of cflowd and arts++
    > cflowd-2-1-b1
    > arts++-1-1-a8
    >
    > regards,
    > gab

    Expert carrier network traffic analysis and visualisation
    http://www.networkintelligence.biz
    xenaphobia: The fear of being beaten to a
    pulp by a leather-clad, New Zealand woman