[Cflowd] Tracking DoS Attacks

From: Holt Grendal (holtor@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Feb 05 2003 - 19:01:02 PST

    Hi all,

    It is my intention to use netflow and cflowd to try to
    track DoS attacks.

    It makes sense to me that there must be some functionality
    out there to examine the flows and traffic and if a certain IP
    is receiving a large amount of traffic/flows (which perhaps the
    operator can specify a threshold) that the system could let you
    know.

    Does anyone know how and if this is possible?

    Thank you,

    Holt G.