[Cflowd] Re: [flow-tools] Typical Hardware

From: Mike Fisher (mlf2@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue Feb 11 2003 - 06:21:00 PST

    >>I would like to do an informal survey of the type of hardware that
    >>people on this list are using for running flowtools and or cflow

    Dual 1GHz P3, 1GB RAM, mirrored 10k RPM SCSI drives running three
    instances of Flowscan backed by flow-tools and fronted by flowview.
     There's also a lot of custom filtering and reporting scripts that get
    run on the incoming data. The CPUs range from 2% to 100%, depending on
    what's running and when.

    Mike