[Cflowd] RE: [flow-tools] Newbie getting off the ground second (and I hope last for a bit) question

From: Scott Sheppard (scott.sheppard@arch.bellsouth.net)
Date: Wed Feb 12 2003 - 07:47:01 PST

    Hello

    Thank you all for your answers to my previous post. I have one more.

    I am collecting flow traffic. I am thrilled.

    I see that I can use flow filter to pull out information after the fact from
    a flow file.

    What I really want to do is filter the flows in the first place and only
    capture data from CIDR blocks of interest can I accomplish this with
    filter-fname? I am having trouble understanding in flow capture -f
    (filtername) and -F (filter-definition) exactly what these do.Can some on
    direct me to reading that discusses these options beyond the man page for
    flow-capture?

    Thanks

    Scott Sheppard