- Atomized Routing Final Report (Feb. 2004)
- Slides presented at the CAIDA/WIDE Workshop (Nov 7, 2003)
- Comparing Multi6 and Atoms (Aug 25, 2003)
- Slides presented at RIPE 45 (May 12, 2003)
- Feedback from IETF 56
- Slides presented at IETF 56 (Mar 17, 2003)
- Atomized Routing Interim Report (Feb 14, 2003)
- Feedback from IETF 55
Atoms Proposal (June 22, 2002)
- Various notes (raw text)
Atoms software (and its bundled component script, straightenRV) is available for download.
A mailing list has been set up for the discussion of atoms.
Router Development Tasks
- Develop an atomized router, a BGP router with extensions for atoms. The router should be deployable in the Internet without breaking BGP or forwarding. The router is based on Zebra BGP router code base. Implementations based on previous and current atoms architectures completed. Source code to be released by February 2004.
- Test atomized routing in a confined deployment scenario using vimage. done.
- Simulate and measure atomized routing performance in BGP++. in progress.
- Analyse number and stability of (hypothetical) declared atoms based on observed BGP table snapshots and BGP updates of prefixes. done.
- Transform observed BGP updates on prefixes to an equivalent stream of updates on (hypothetical) declared atoms. Analyse the the resulting atom update stream. done.
- Repeat the above analysis under provider-declared atoms, i.e. under the assumption that providers are able to aggregate prefixes originated by stub customers into atoms. done.
- Determine properties and dynamics of atoms with respect to BGP attributes other than AS path. done.
- Rewrite and release Andre Broido's scripts for analysing Route Views tables and computing policy atoms observed in the current Internet. done.
- Create a bibliography of BGP related research. This has been incorporated into CAIDA's networking bibliography. done.
- Andre Broido
- k claffy
- Christos Xenofontas Dimitropoulos
- Ruomei Gao
- Bradley Huffaker
- Young Hyun
- Ronald van der Pol
- Patrick Verkaik (primary contact)
- Andre Broido, kc claffy, `Analysis of RouteViews BGP data: policy atoms', Proceedings of the Network-Related Data Management workshop, Santa Barbara, May 23, 2001.
- Andre Broido, kc claffy, `Complexity of global routing policies'.
- Andre Broido, Evi Nemeth, kc claffy, `Internet Expansion, Refinement, and Churn', European Transactions on Telecommunications, January 2002.
- Afek et al., `On the structure and application of BGP policy Atoms', ACM SIGCOMM Internet Measurement Workshop (IMW), November 2002.