CAIDA is involved with several efforts to monitor multicast traffic. Mantra (Monitor and Analysis of Traffic in Multicast Routers) is a tool for monitoring various aspects of multicast at the router level. Mantra data is updated continuously at 30 minute intervals.
- multicast status
- multicast status summary by Multicast Technologies - (link no longer available)
- characteristics of SA (Source Active) messages
Various Related Links
- Otter: A General-Purpose Network Visualization Tool
- Tools to Visualize the Internet Multicast Backbone
- Visualizing the global Topology of the MBone (link no longer available)