The Named Data Networking (NDN) Project will host its third NDN community meeting (NDNcomm) on March 23-26, 2017. The meeting will be on March 23-24 (Thursday and Friday), while the 4th NDN Hackathon will be held on March 25-26 (Saturday and Sunday).
Place: The Zone, FedEx Institute of Technology Building, University of Memphis Campus, Memphis, TN
Register for NDNcomm 2017
There will be a closed NDN Retreat the day before NDNcomm on Wednesday, March 22nd. The main NDN Community Meeting on Thursday and Friday March 23rd and 24th will be in The Zone conference room in the FedEx Institute of Technology Building. The Hackathon will be held on the weekend in the Fishbowl conference room in the same building.
March 22 (Wednesday)NDN Project Retreat (NDN project members only)
Fishbowl Conference Room (Room 203/205), FedEx Institute of Technology
NDN Consortium Meeting (NDN Consortium members only)
Video Conference Center (Room 313), FedEx Institute of Technology
March 23 (Thursday)The Zone, FedEx Institute of Technology
March 24 (Friday)The Zone, FedEx Institute of Technology
March 25 (Hackathon Saturday)Fishbowl Conference Room, FedEx Institute of Technology
March 26 (Hackathon Sunday)Fishbowl Conference Room, FedEx Institute of Technology
In the days right after NDNcomm 2017, the IETF 98 will be taking place from March 26-31 in Chicago, IL. Several NDNcomm participants will be heading to IETF 98.
- Co-chair: Lotfi Benmohamed (NIST)
- Co-chair: Christos Papadopoulos (Colorado State University)
- Co-chair: Lan Wang (University of Memphis)
- Alex Afanasyev (UCLA)
- Satyajayant Mirsa (New Mexico State University)
- Luca Muscariello (Cisco France)
- Eve Schooler (Intel)
- GQ Wang (Huawei)
- Beichuan Zhang (University of Arizona)
- Lixia Zhang (UCLA)
Hackathon Organizing Committee
- Susmit Shannigrahi (Colorado State University)
- Davide Pesavento (LIP6 / University Pierre & Marie Curie, Sorbonne University)
Travel support is available for full-time students attending the NDN Community Meeting (NDNcomm 2017) and NDN Hackathon. Funds for these travel grants are provided by the NDN Consortium.
Travel Grant Application
Grants are available only for full-time students registered for the meeting. Travel Grant recipients are required to participate in the Hackathon. Minority and women students from diverse institutions are particularly encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to those presenting at the meeting. To apply and compete for a travel grant, the student applicant should email the following to email@example.com:
- The applying student's curriculum vitae (CV)
- An application letter which should include:
- A brief summary of the student research interests and accomplishments to date
- A statement about why the NDNcomm attendance is important to the student
- An estimate of the following costs of attending NDNcomm: airfare, hotel and meals. It is anticipated that travel grants will partially cover these costs of attendance.
- A statement of whether the student has registered for the meeting and proposed to present a paper, poster, etc. in the registration form.
A recommendation letter from the advisor of the student applicant is also required. The letter should provide the following:
- A confirmation that the student is a bona fide Ph.D. candidate or a M.Sc./B.Sc. student in good academic standing at the given institution.
- An indication about how the student applicant would benefit from attending NDNcomm.
- A statement of financial commitment to pay the remainder of the student applicants' travel cost not covered by the grant.
Important Dates for travel support
- Travel Grant Application Submission Deadline: January 21, 2017
- Travel Grant Award Notification: February 3, 2017
- Deadline to Accept/Decline Travel Grant Award: February 10, 2017
- Meeting Room
The meeting will be held in The Zone and the Fishbowl conference rooms in the FedEx Institute of Technology building located on the University of Memphis campus. The University of Memphis website provides a campus map and parking map indicating Innovation Garage visitor parking garage (PG1) across from the FedEx Institute of Technology (FIT) building.
- Street Address / Taxi Dropoff
The address of the FedEx Institute of Technology building is 365 Innovation Drive, Memphis, Tennessee, 38152.
- Self Parking
The Innovation Garage (Visitor Parking Garage, PG1) on Innovation Drive is closest to the FedEx Institute of Technology. The standard parking fee is $15 for an all-day pass. Visitors may purchase a parking permit online by visiting the TigerPark Guest Account Login. See the PDF Tutorial for Purchasing a Visitor Permit Online for instructions. Visitor permits may also be purchased in Parking and Transportation Services located at 505 Zach Curlin Parking Garage.
- Recommended Accomodations
Holiday Inn Memphis-Univ of Memphis (on campus): 3700 Central Avenue, Memphis, TN 38111. Tel: +1-901-678-8200
Rate: $125/night (17.75% tax and tourism fee not included). State employees (e.g., employees in public universities) can receive a rate of $113/night.
Booking: You may book online or by phone. Rooms can accomodate up to 3 persons. If booking online, please use the booking code: NDN to receive the discounted rate. If booking by phone, please mention The University of Memphis, NDN Community Meeting to receive the discounted rate. A limited number of rooms are blocked off for meeting attendees. In order to receive the discounted rate, please make reservations by February 21, 2017.
Fogelman Executive Conference Center & Hotel (on campus): 330 Innovation Drive, Suite 206, Memphis, TN 38152. Tel: +1-901-678-5410
Rate: $90/night (17.75% tax and tourism fee not included). Rooms can accomodate 1 person.
Booking: Please call to book a room and mention The University of Memphis, NDN Community Meeting to receive the discounted rate. No rooms are blocked off, so the rates and availability are not guaranteed.
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Memphis (10 min drive from campus): 5069 Sanderlin Avenue, Memphis, TN 38117. Tel: +1-901-528-1800
Rate: $109/night (17.75% tax and tourism fee not included). Room can accomodate 1 to 2 persons.
Booking: Please call to book a room and mention The University of Memphis to receive the discounted rate. No rooms are blocked off, so the rates and availability are not guaranteed.
- Holiday Inn Memphis-Univ of Memphis (on campus): 3700 Central Avenue, Memphis, TN 38111. Tel: +1-901-678-8200
International Visitors may require a Visa Letter of Invitation:
Please be aware that in order to attend NDNcomm 2017 you may need a visa to enter the United States. Attendees are responsible for attaining their own visas, but we can assist by providing a letter of invitation if your local consular office requires it.
For transportation concerns, general questions and help, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Support for NDNcomm 2017
NDNcomm 2017 is supported by the contributions of industry members of the Named Data Networking Consortium, including Alcatel-Lucent, Brocade, Cisco Systems, Fujitsu Laboratories of America, Huawei Technologies, Intel Corporation, Juniper Networks, Panasonic Corporation, Verisign, Inc., ViaSat. Local arrangements are in cooperation with the University of Memphis. NDN research is partially supported by the National Science Foundation (Award CNS-1345286 and others).