Place: 4760 Boelter Hall, UCLA Campus, 420 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles, CA
9th NDN Retreat 2017
We are pleased to announce the 9th NDN 2017 Retreat: an opportunity to discuss the application environments, the NDN software platform and testbed, and focus on some specific areas such as security. The retreat will be held on Thursday and Friday.
The primary goals of the retreat are:
- Gain new insights and ideas for NDN trust and security mechanism in the context of the network environments
- Find new design directions for the pilot applications in the proposed network environments
- See active involvement by all attendees
We wish to focus our interactions and discussions on making problems of security within the targeted NDN-NP application environments concrete and to find and flesh out application specific security problems. We hope to focus on student interaction and new ideas related to NDN NP applications in a retreat-style setting.
The NDN project uses current and future applications to drive the development and deployment of the architecture and its supporting modules, to test prototype implementations, and to encourage an iterative cycle of hands-on experimentation, evaluation, and design. So, we particularly encourage attendees to prepare in advance of the retreat: install all prerequisites for developing and running NDN applications.
If you are an NDN Consortium member and think you are interested in participating, register now on EventBrite. Please also include topics you would like to see covered that are not mentioned above.
Slides are not available online for this Retreat.Contact Lixia Zhang for the agenda for the retreat.
- Meeting Room
The retreat will be held in 4760 Boelter Hall on the UCLA campus. The UCLA Campus Map shows Boelter Hall and its surroundings.
- Street Address / Taxi Dropoff
The nearest address for Boelter Hall for GPS and taxi dropoff is 420 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles, California 90095.
- Self Parking
Parking Lot 9 is closest to Boelter Hall. The standard parking fee is $12 for an all-day pass, from the Information & Parking Booth in front of the lot.
- Airport Shuttle
- Recommended Accomodations
- Luskin Guest Rooms: For whoever interested in staying at Luskin for the retreat, UCLA Engineering school has a special rate for Luskin: $225/night for either single or double. This is your total rate, i.e. there is no tax or other charges. Please note that Luskin will be closed for the holiday season starting Dec 16, so all guests need to check out by Dec 15th. To get this rate you must book Luskin guest rooms with the School of Engineering rate. It should say "School of Engineering" in the Accomodations field. Click on Update Guest & Rooms, Choose check in and check out dates, click on Confirm Dates of Stay, Choose room and click Book. No additional promo code is needed.
- UCLA Guest House (3 minute walk to location)
- UCLA Tiverton House
- W Hotel Westwood
- Hotel Palomar
- Hilgard House Hotel
For transportation concerns, general questions and help, contact firstname.lastname@example.org