The 10th CAIDA-WIDE Workshop will take place on November 20, 2017 (by invitation only) in Tokyo, Japan.
This Workshop resumes a tradition of workshops supporting a collaboration between researchers from CAIDA (USA) and WIDE (Japan). The main areas of the Workshop are: Internet measurement projects, analysis of data to reveal current Internet trends, and data sharing across international boundaries. The Workshop also will cover miscellaneous research and technical topics of mutual interest for CAIDA and WIDE participants.
Place: Keio University Mita Campus, East Research Building 4F Seminar Room
The objectives of informal joint CAIDA-WIDE workshops are:
- to discuss Internet measurement analysis activities going on in each organization;
- to explore opportunities for joint collaboration on projects;
- to continue data exchange.
The main focus of the Workshop will be on the design of future Internet measurements. Participants will discuss how to enable coherent analysis of diverse Internet datasets in order to identify and discover relevant Internet trends.
November 20 (Monday)
- 10:00 - 10:30 Opening/Agenda bashing
- 10:30 - 12:30 Session 1
- Keiichi Shima (IIJ), URL Classification using Bag of Features (BOF) of URL bitstream
- Bradley Huffaker (CAIDA), PacketLab: A Universal Measurement Endpoint Interface
- Romain Fontugne (IIJ), Pinpointing Delay and Forwarding Anomalies Using Large-Scale Traceroute Measurements
- Takao Kondo (Keio University), A Research Project of InterSOC Cooperation between Keio and Hitachi
- 12:30 - 14:00 lunch
- 14:00 - 15:30 Session 2
- Thomas Silverston (NICT), On NDN and ("lack of") Measurement
- Matthew Luckie (CAIDA/University of Waikato), Alias Resolution (slides not available)
- Zachary Bischof (IIJ), Characterizing the Reliability of Broadband Internet Access
- 15:30 - 16:00 break
- 16:00 - 17:30 Session 3
- Kenjiro Cho (IIJ), Recursive Lattice Search: Hierarchical Heavy Hitters Revisited
- Aki Nakao (University of Tokyo), Software Defined Data Plane For Deep Data Plane Programmability
- k claffy (CAIDA), DIBBS EI: Platform for Applied Network Data Analysis (PANDA)
- 17:30 Adjourn