I come from Cyprus. I graduated from the Electrical and Computer Engineering department
of the National Technical University of Athens (NTUA) in 2002.
In 2007 I received
the PhD degree from the Electrical Engineering department at the University of Southern California (USC).
I was a member of the Networked Systems Performance and Design Lab .
In 2008-2009 I was a Postdoctoral Research Scholar at the Cooperative Association for Internet Data Analysis (CAIDA) , University of California-San Diego (UCSD), and in 2009-2010 I was a Visiting Lecturer at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the
University of Cyprus. Since January 2011 I am a tenure-track Lecturer (equivalent to Assistant Professor in the US system) at the Department of Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering and Informatics at Cyprus University of Technology.
Networks, Topology, Performance, Routing/Navigation.
- Popularity versus Similarity in Growing Networks Fragkiskos Papadopoulos, Maksim Kitsak, M. Angeles Serrano, Marian Boguna, and Dmitri Krioukov, Nature, Vol. 489, No. 7417, September 2012. (arXiv)
Nature News & Views by A. L. Barabasi: Network science: Luck or reason
Nature Physics Research Highlights,
Cyprus Univ. of Tech.,
Neue Zuercher Zeitung,
- Replaying the Geometric Growth of Complex Networks and Application to the AS Internet Fragkiskos Papadopoulos, Constantinos Psomas, and Dmitri Krioukov, 14th ACM SIGMETRICS Workshop on Mathematical Performance Modeling and Analysis (MAMA), London, UK, June 2012, ACM SIGMETRICS Performance Evaluation Review, Vol. 40, Issue 3, December 2012.
- Sustaining the Internet with Hyperbolic Mapping Marian Boguna, Fragkiskos Papadopoulos, and Dmitri Krioukov, Nature Communications, Vol. 1, No. 62, September 2010. (arXiv)
Communications of the ACM ,
Science Daily ,
CBC News ,
El Pais ,
I Programmer ,
Cyprus Mail ,
To Vima ,
- Hyperbolic Geometry of Complex Networks Dmitri Krioukov, Fragkiskos Papadopoulos,
Maksim Kitsak, Amin Vahdat, and Marian Boguna, Physical Review
E (PRE) Journal, American Physical Society, Vol. 82, Issue 3, September 2010. (arXiv)
- Greedy Forwarding in Scale-Free Networks Embedded in Hyperbolic Metric Spaces Dmitri Krioukov, Fragkiskos Papadopoulos, Marian Boguna, and Amin Vahdat, 11th ACM SIGMETRICS Workshop on Mathematical Performance Modeling and Analysis (MAMA), Seattle, WA, June 2009, ACM SIGMETRICS Performance Evaluation Review, Vol. 37, Issue 2, September 2009.
- Performance Analysis of BitTorrent-like Systems with Heterogeneous Users
Wei-Cherng Liao, Fragkiskos Papadopoulos, and Konstantinos Psounis, IFIP-WG7.3 PERFORMANCE, Cologne, Germany, October 2007, Performance Evaluation Journal, Elsevier, Vol. 64, Issue 9-12, October 2007.
- An efficient algorithm for resource sharing in Peer-to-Peer networks
Wei-Cherng Liao, Fragkiskos Papadopoulos, and Konstantinos Psounis, IFIP-TC6 NETWORKING, Coimbra, Portugal, May 2006, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer, Vol. 3976, May 2006.
- Systems with multiple servers under heavy-tailed workloads
Konstantinos Psounis, Pablo Molinero-Fernandez, Balaji Prabhakar, and Fragkiskos Papadopoulos, IFIP-WG7.3 PERFORMANCE, Juan-les-Pins, France, October 2005,
Performance Evaluation Journal, Elsevier, Vol. 62, Issue 1-4, October 2005.
The papers on this page are included to ensure timely dissemination on a
noncommercial basis. Copyright and all rights therein are maintained by
the authors or by other copyright holders, notwithstanding that they have
offered their works here electronically.