Each morning there will be a continental breakfast served in the lobby, beginning at 8:00 am. Sessions will begin promptly at 9:00 am.
Monday, June 26th: TCP 1
- Jamshid Mahdavi, Shawn Ostermann
- Room 116
|8:00 am - 9:00 am||Breakfast|
|9:00 am - 10:00 am||Introduction to TCP
- Internet Protocol Stack/Layers
- End to end argument
- Duties of the Transport Layer
- TCP state machine
|10:00 am - 10:30 am||Introduction to Analysis of TCP Packet Traces
- Lab Tools
|10:30 am - 11:00 am||Break
|11:00 am - 12:00 pm||TCP loss and congestion control
- Loss detection
- Congestion control (Slowstart, Cong Avoidance)
- Fast retransmit/Fast Recovery
|12:00 pm - 1:00 pm||Lunch
|1:00 pm - 2:30 pm||Lab 1
- This lab will consist of about 5-7 different packet traces of TCP connections.
- Students will analyze each trace.
2. Find the average bandwidth achieved.
3. Estimate the available bandwidth.
4. Attempt to identify TCP problems in the connection.
|2:30 pm - 4:00 pm||Extensions to TCP
- Introduce new concepts to fix problems seen in Lab I.
[IEC Networking Workshop 2000] . [Online Registration] . [Hotels and Accommodations] . [Workshop Agendas]