CAIDA's passive datasets contain traces collected from two high-speed monitors on a commercial backbone link (equinix-chicago and equinix-sanjose) since April 2008. This data is useful for research on the characteristics of Internet traffic, including application breakdown, security events, geographic and topological distribution, flow volume and duration.
The CAIDA Industry Evaluation Anonymized Internet Traces Dataset
This dataset contains samples of the anonymized passive traffic traces from CAIDA's equinix-chicago and equinix-sanjose monitors on high-speed Internet backbone links. The sample includes a one-hour trace from the Chicago monitor for both directions captured between 13:00 and 14:00 UTC on 2008-05-15. This data is useful for research on the characteristics of Internet traffic, including application breakdown, security events, topological distribution, and flow volume and duration. For more detailed information on the CAIDA Anonymized Internet Traces datasets and the passive monitors, see the URLs below.
CAIDA makes the restricted high-speed internet traffic traces freely available to academic researchers and US government agencies. Corporate entities (including corporate researchers) receive access through CAIDA's membership program. Information on membership levels, services, and rates is found on the CAIDA Sponsorship Information page, or can be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The industry evaluation dataset is provided to corporate researchers to allow them to assess the usefulness of the CAIDA passive traces for their research, and justify CAIDA membership for their organization.
This evaluation dataset is not intended to be used for actual research.
Acceptable Use Agreement
Access to these data is subject to the terms of the following CAIDA Acceptable Use Agreement (printable version in PDF format)
When referencing this data (as required by the AUA), please use:The CAIDA UCSD Industry Evaluation Anonymized Internet TracesAlso, please, report your publication to CAIDA.
Request Data Access
Request Access to the Industry Evaluation Anonymized Internet Traces Dataset
Anonymized Internet Traces Datasets
- Anonymized Internet Traces 2016 Dataset
- Anonymized Internet Traces 2015 Dataset
- Anonymized Internet Traces 2014 Dataset
- Anonymized Internet Traces 2013 Dataset
- Anonymized Internet Traces 2012 Dataset
- Anonymized Internet Traces 2011 Dataset
- Anonymized Internet Traces 2010 Dataset
- Anonymized Internet Traces 2009 Dataset
- Anonymized Internet Traces 2008 Dataset
- Anonymized Internet Traces on IPv6 Day and IPv6 Launch Day Dataset
- Anonymized Industry Evaluation Internet Traces Dataset
- Anonymized OC48 Internet Traces Dataset
- Summary statistical information for all anonymized internet traces
The data collection monitors