UCSD Network Telescope Dataset on the Sipscan
The sipscan release dataset contains detailed information about each UDP probing packet captured by the UCSD Network Telescope over the course of the event (Jan - Feb 2011).
Each row in the file represents one packet. Fields include the time the packet was received, results of geographic mapping of the source IP (country code, latitude and longitude), Autonomous System Number, source and destination address identifiers, and source port. The source addresses have been anonymized by mapping each address to a unique identifier, maintaining a one-to-one mapping between original IP and anonymized identifier. Destination addresses have had the most-significant octet changed to protect the identity of the /8 network used by the UCSD Network Telescope. The geographic and AS information for each packet can be used to reproduce the visualizations and tables presented in the paper, and the source port can be used to carry out the 'port unrolling' technique.
Referencing the Dataset
When referencing this data (as required by the AUA), please use:The CAIDA UCSD Network Telescope on the Sipscan Dataset,or reference the publication
http://www.caida.org/data/passive/sipscan_dataset.xmlA. Dainotti, A. King, kc Claffy, F. Papale, A. Pescapè,Also, please, report your publication to CAIDA.
"Analysis of a "/0" Stealth Scan from a Botnet",
Proceedings of the 2012 ACM SIGCOMM Internet Measurement Conference - IMC 2012
UCSD Network Telescope Datasets
- Historical and Near-Real-Time Network Telescope Dataset
- Aggregated Traffic Data in FlowTuple format
- Daily RSDoS Attack Metadata
- Two Years of Daily RSDoS Attack Metadata (downloadable paper supplement)
- Three Days Of Conficker Dataset
- CAIDA UCSD Network Telescope Traffic Samples
- Witty Worm Dataset
- Code-Red Worms Dataset
- Patch Tuesday Dataset
- Two Days in November 2008 Dataset
- Telescope Educational Dataset
- Telescope Dataset on the Sipscan
- Telescope Darknet Scanners Dataset