If you have questions or comments, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
CAIDA Data Stewardship Agreements
- Master Acceptable Use Agreement (AUA) - General AUA for non-publicly available datasets
- Acceptable Use Agreement for Publicy Accessible Datasets (Public-AUA)
- Archipelago Measurement Infrastructure: Archipelago Memorandum of Cooperation (MOC) Between Hosting Sites and CAIDA
- Passive Internet Trace Collection Memorandum of Cooperation
- CAIDA Tools Copyright Notice
Ethical Principles Guiding Information and Communication Technology Research: The Menlo Report
- The Interaction of the Menlo Report and Revisions to the Common Rule-Comments in Response to the Advanced Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (ANPRM).
- Federal Register Response to Comments Received for the "The Menlo Report: Ethical Principles Guiding Information and Communication Technology Research"
- Applying Ethical Principles to Information and Communication Technology Research:
- A Companion to the Menlo Report details the principles and applications more granularly and illustrates their implementation in real and synthetic case studies.
- Institutional Review Board Application - CAIDA's Application to the UCSD Human Research Protections Program
- Institutional Review Board Approval Process - The UCSD Human Research Protections Program (HRPP) office assists researchers in complying with federal, state and University policies regarding experimentation involving human subjects, and oversees the review and conduct of research conducted by federally registered Institutional Review Boards (IRBs).
CAIDA staff/visitor Data and Resource Agreements
- Computer Facilities Usage Agreement
- Privileged Access Usage Agreement
- Data Privacy Agreement for non-anonymized passive traces
- UC Electronic Communications Policy (ECP)
Former Agreements (No Longer Active)
On June 30, 2006, National Science Foundation funding for the National Laboratory for Advanced Network Research (NLANR) project expired and NLANR officially ended. In July 2006, CAIDA assumed operational stewardship for the NLANR machines and data. CAIDA used the following AUPs in incorporating former NLANR infrastructure into CAIDA's ongoing data collection activities:
- COMMONS Project: COMMONS Site Acceptable Use Agreement
- Former PMA passive trace collection sites: NLANR PMA Site Acceptable Use Agreement
- Former AMP active measurement sites: Archipelago Node Usage
- SD Network Access Point (SDNAP) Participation Agreement
- Archipelago Measurement Infrastructure: Archipelago (Ark) Site Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)