- Using dnscap - (link no longer available) V1.0RC4, collect queries for .CL from one nameserver for one hour
- Aggregate the queries by source address using CoralReef
- Using the aggregated reports, map each address to country using Digital Envoy's NetAcuity (TM)
- Aggregate the queries by country
- Generate the colored map using a home-grown tool
- Export the map (originally in a vector-based format) into a raster image
- Combine the hourly images into an animation
The tool prepared for this map takes aggregated data by country and colors the world map based on those values. A good metric to explore could be the number of clients indexed by the size of the address space of each country or the population.
The idea for this work was inspired by CuttleFish, however this tools colors the map on country boundaries rather than by geographic point.