The CAIDA OC48 Peering Point Traces
The CAIDA OC48 Peering Point Traces Dataset (2002-2003)
This dataset contains anonymized passive traffic traces taken at a west coast OC48 peering link for a large ISP in 2002 and 2003. The payload has been removed and IP addresses anonymized using CryptoPAn prefix-preserving anonymization tool with the same key for all traces in this dataset. This data is useful for research on the characteristics of Internet traffic, including application breakdown, security events, topological distribution, and flow volume and duration.
These traces can be read with any software that reads the pcap (tcpdump) format, including The CoralReef Software Suite, tcpdump, Wireshark, and many others.
Acceptable Use Agreement
Please read the terms of the CAIDA Acceptable Use Agreement (AUA) for Publicy Accessible Datasets below:
When referencing this data (as required by the AUA), please use:
The CAIDA UCSD Anonymized Passive OC48 Internet Traces Dataset - <dates used>You are required to report your publications using this dataset to CAIDA.
- Access the publicly available CAIDA Passive OC48 Internet Trace Dataset
Anonymized Internet Traces Datasets
Restricted Datasets (available through CAIDA)
- Anonymized Internet Traces Dataset (April 2008 - January 2019)
- Anonymized Internet Traces on IPv6 Day and IPv6 Launch Day Dataset
- Anonymized Industry Evaluation Internet Traces Dataset
Publicly Available Datasets
- Summary statistical information for all anonymized internet traces
- Anonymized OC48 Peering Point Traces Dataset