Router-Level Topology and Degree Distribution
Acceptable Use Agreement
Please read the terms of the CAIDA Acceptable Use Agreement (AUA) for Publicy Accessible Datasets below:
When referencing this data (as required by the AUA), please use:
CAIDA Skitter Router-Level Topology and Degree Distribution,You are required to report your publications using this dataset to CAIDA.
- directed graph: itdk0304_rlinks_directed.gz;
- undirected graph: itdk0304_rlinks_undirected.gz.
The two files available for download above constitute a CAIDA release of the adjacency matrix of the Internet router-level graph computed from ITDK0304 skitter and iffinder measurements. More precisely, we used the following methodology to obtain the above data:
- generate IP links from ITDK skitter traces;
- merge interface aliases found with iffinder into routers;
- map IP links to router links;
- remove all nodes with either in-degree 0 or out-degree 0 (note that the majority of nodes removed this way are end hosts);
- anonymize IP addresses.
The first data file holds link directions corresponding to the traceroute directions, while the second file is an undirected version of the first file. There are a total of 192,244 nodes, 636,643 directed links, and 609,066 undirected links. The average and maximum node degrees (undirected) are 6.34 and 1,071 respectively, and the node degree distribution is plotted below: