- area - total geographic area (land mass)
- population - total population
- GDP - Gross Domestic Product
- telephones - primary telephone lines in use
- ISPs - Internet Service Providers, companies that provide Internet connectivity for their customers
- ASes - autonomous systems, the units of router policy (either single networks or groups of networks) representing a single administrative entity and controlled by a common network administration. The Internet is a collection of ASes.
- prefixes - slices of Internet address space which can be independently routed
- addresses - the absolute number of addresses that are inside of a country's set of prefixes
[BGP] K. Lougheed and Y. Rekhter., RFC 1106, "Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)" [Factbook] CIA -- The World Factbook [RouteView] Meyer, D. University of Oregon Route Views Project. [NetGeo] Moore, D., R. Periakaruppan, J. Donohoe, and K.C. Claffy. "Where in the World is netgeo.caida.org?"
Acknowledgment of awarding agency's support
Support for the Internet Atlas project is provided by the National Science Foundation (NSF) grants CNS-9996248 The Internet Atlas and NCR-9711092 A Cooperative Association for Internet Data Analysis (CAIDA). The views and conclusions contained herein are those of the authors and should not be interpreted as necessarily representing the official policies or endorsements, either expressed or implied, of NSF.