- area - total geographic area (land mass)
- population - total population
- GDP - Gross Domestic Product
- telephones - primary telephone lines in use
- ISPs - Internet Service Providers, companies that provide Internet connectivity for their customers
- ASes - autonomous systems, the units of router policy (either single networks or groups of networks) representing a single administrative entity and controlled by a common network administration. The Internet is a collection of ASes.
- prefixes - slices of Internet address space which can be independently routed
- addresses - the absolute number of addresses that are inside of a country's set of prefixes
[BGP] K. Lougheed and Y. Rekhter., RFC 1106, "Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)" [Factbook] CIA -- The World Factbook [RouteView] Meyer, D. University of Oregon Route Views Project. [NetGeo] Moore, D., R. Periakaruppan, J. Donohoe, and K.C. Claffy. "Where in the World is netgeo.caida.org?"
This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant Numbers 9996248 and 9211092.