CAIDA collaboration with Georgia Tech
Georgia Tech provides services to the University of California, San Diego supporting CAIDA in its research effort studying the performance of the Domain Name System and potential enhancements or replacements.
Principal Investigator: kc claffy
Funding source: NSF 0427144 Period of performance: September 15, 2004 - August 31, 2009.
Statement of Work
- Enhancements to the existing GTNetS BGP models to support the anycasting routing method.
- Creation of simulation models of BGP anycast clouds of at least 500 nodes.
- Measurement-based workload models for DNS applications using data collected by OARC.
- Modification of DNS simulation models to include proposed changes for security and reliability.
- Simulation-based analysis studies of the secure DNS, to determine weaknesses, vulnerabilities, and performance bottlenecks.