Trends: NSF 98-120 - References
This page contains the references used in the CAIDA proposal entitled: "Correlating Heterogeneous Measurement Data to Achieve System-Level Analysis of Internet Traffic Trends."
Principal Investigators: kc claffy David Moore
Funding source: OAC-0137121 Period of performance: September 15, 2002 - February 28, 2009.
- A. Odlyzko, ``Internet growth: myth and reality, use and abuse,'' in iMP: information IMPACTS, Nov 2000. http://www.cisp.org/imp/november_2000/odlyzko/11_00odlyzko.htm.
- A. McGregor, H.-W. Braun, and J. Brown, ``The nlanr network analysis infrastructure,'' IEEE Communications, vol. 38, no. 122-128, 2000.
- I. Graham, J. Cleary, M. Pearson, J. Martens, S. Donnelly, D. Miller, P. Tree, C. Arthur, and J. Micheel, ``The DAG Project,'' 2001. http://dag.cs.waikato.ac.nz/.
- D. Moore, G. Voelker, and S. Savage, ``Inferring internet denial-of-service activity,'' in Usenix Security Symposium, (Washington, D.C.), 2001. https://catalog.caida.org/paper/2001_backscatter/.
- N. Brownlee, ``Measurement FAQ,'' Jan 2001. https://www.caida.org/outreach/metricswg/faq.
- k. claffy, C. Dovrolis, A. Downey, and B. Mah, ``Bandwidth estimation: measurement methodologies and applications,'' Apr 2001. https://www.caida.org/funding/proposals/doe/.
- K. Keys, D. Moore, R. Koga, E. Lagache, M. Tesch, and k. claffy, ``The architecture of CoralReef: an Internet traffic monitoring software suite,'' in PAM2001 - A workshop on Passive and Active Measurements,, (Amsterdam, Netherlands), 2001. https://www.caida.org/publications/papers/pam2001/coralreef.
- N. Brownlee and M. Murray, ``Streams, flows and torrents,'' in PAM2001 - A workshop on Passive and Active Measurements, (Amsterdam, Netherlands), 2001. https://www.caida.org/publications/papers/pam2001/sft/.
- D. McRobb, ``cflowd: a Traffic Flow Analysis Tool for NetFlow,'' 1999. https://www.caida.org/catalog/software/cflowd/.
- D. Plonka, ``FlowScan: A Network Traffic Flow Reporting and Visualization Tool,'' in LISA 2001 Conference Proceedings, 2001. https://www.caida.org/catalog/software/flowscan/.
- Cisco, ``Netflow services and applications,'' 2001. http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/iosw/ioft/neflct/tech/napps_wp.htm.
- B. Huffaker, M. Fomenkov, D. Moore, and k. claffy, ``Macroscopic analyses of the infrastructure: measurement and visualization of Internet connectivity and performance,'' in PAM2001 - A workshop on Passive and Active Measurements, (Amsterdam, Netherlands), 2001. https://www.caida.org/publications/papers/pam2001/skitter.
- P. Rajvaidya and K. Almeroth, ``A Router-Based Technique for Monitoring the Next-Generation of Internet Multicast Protocols,'' in International Conference on Parallel Processing, Sep 2001. http://www.nmsl.cs.ucsb.edu/papers/ICPP-01b.ps.gz.
- D. Meyer, ``University of Oregon Route Views Project,'' 2001. http://www.routeviews.org/.
- University of Michigan and Merit Network, ``MRT: Multi-Threaded Routing Toolkit,'' 2000. http://www.mrtd.net/.
- A. Broido and k. claffy, ``Analysis of available ipv4 address space allocation, assignment, routing data,'' tech. rep., CAIDA, May 2001.
- A. Broido and k. claffy, ``Complexity of global routing policies,'' in Proceedings of Network Resource Data Management Workshop, (Santa Barbara, CA), May 2001. https://www.caida.org/publications/papers/complexityrouting/.
- C. Shannon, D. Moore, and k. claffy, ``Characteristics of fragmented ip traffic on internet links,'' in PAM2001 - A workshop on Passive and Active Measurements, RIPE NCC, (Amsterdam, Netherlands), 2001. https://www.caida.org/publications/papers/pam2001/fragmentation.
- A. Broido and k. claffy, ``Analysis of routeviews bgp data: policy atoms,'' in Network Resource Data Management 2001 workshop, 2001.
- S. McCreary and k. claffy, ``Trends in wide area ip traffic patterns - a view from ames internet exchange,'' in 13th ITC Specialist Seminar on Internet Traffic Measurement and Modelling, (Monterey, CA), 2000. https://catalog.caida.org/paper/2000_aix0005/.
- D. Meyer, ``Lessons in Maintaining a Route Views Server,'' Dec 2000. http://www.antc.uoregon.edu/route-views/ISMA00/.
- k. claffy, ``IPNMOO: real time inter-ISP discussion.'' http://ipn.caida.org:4766.
1 CAIDA will have an OC48mon prototyped under the DARPA NGI N66001-98-2-8922, but there is as yet no framework or funding for deploying these monitors even at academic much less commercial sites.
2 See: https://www.caida.org/research/measurement/
3 We will also include active measurements and routing data sets in the meta-data repository, but the collection of this kind of data is covered by other funding sources.
6See McCreary analysis at: https://www.caida.org/sean/aix/19990524/anim.gif
File translated from TEX by TTH, version 2.92.
On 20 Aug 2001, 10:26.