A checklist of tasks to be completed when joining CAIDA.
(maybe) = Ask your supervisor
Complete basic forms
- Fill out Checkin Form to register with CAIDA's admin and webmaster
- Fill out Expectations form
- Fill out Computer Facilities form to get a basic CAIDA account created
- (maybe) Fill out Privileged Access Usage Agreement form if you need elevated sudo permission on a machine
- (maybe) Fill out Data Privacy Agreement form if you will be accessing non-anonymized passive data traces
Register for other support services
After these forms are completed, the sysadmin will assign you a CAIDA UNIX account username and password. With this, you can register a TWiki account to access our internal documentation wiki.
- Register a TWiki account on https://wiki.caida.org create your own account (set password), wait for authorization by sysadmin
Once your TWiki account is approved by sysadmin, it will be easier to follow instructions for other services that need to be set up.
- Reset UNIX account password (wiki: ChangeUnixPassword)
- Log into Mattermost at https://mattermost.caida.org; you need to get invited by your supervisor/sponsor and fill in your account details. Set unique password.
- Configure "Account Settings" to identify yourself and your role (wiki: MatterMost)
- (maybe) Register for a UCSD email
- Configure your CAIDA email (wiki: MailServer)
- Set a unique password to access staff.caida.org using UNIX account (wiki: ChangeStaffPassword)
- (maybe) Configure Calendar (wiki: CalendarServer)
- (maybe) Configure your phone / voice mail
If working physically in the building:
- Schedule to meet with SDSC HR to sign paperwork
- Get office key from Facilities (or if in room 308, keycode from admin)
- (maybe) Get badge or fob from SDSC Operations if you require after-hours building access
If working remotely:
- Contact SDSC HR to digitally sign Remote Work Agreement and other paperwork
If involved with www.caida.org website:
- CVS, configure when given an account on cvs.caida.org by sysadmin (wiki: CvsSetup)
- https://gitlab.caida.org, ask sysadmin to create an account, get invited into CAIDA organization and get assigned to Web group
- https://github.com, get invited into CAIDA organization and get assigned to a team
- SVN, configure (wiki: SVN)