The first DNS-OARC Meeting was held in Redwood City on October 1st, 2004. The agenda for this meeting is as follows.
First DNS-OARC Meeting
October 1 (Fri), 2004
Location: Redwood City
10:00-10:30 Opening Remarks
- kc claffy: NSF grant
- Paul Vixie: Relationship of OARC to ISC
- Suzanne Woolf: Summary of first year
10:30-11:30 15-minute talks
- Daniel Karrenberg: DNS related activities in Holland
- Rodney Joffe: Using VPNs/tunnels to manage DDoS traffic
- Michael Graff: 2-way www content syndication for OARC & members
- Joao Damas: Monitoring root and TLD server traffic for OARC
13:00-14:00 15-minute talks
- Suzanne Woolf: Tracking the deployment of DNSSEC
- Rob Thomas: Using "darknets" for early warning of attacks
- Paul Vixie: Using "darknets" and DDNS to shorten syslog files
- Duane Wessels: "dnsstatd" outline and demo
14:00-15:00 Plans for the second year
- What kinds of strays can we adopt?
- Should we be working on the RFC1918-source problem?
- What else do we need for incident reporting?
- What are our year-2 priorities?
15:00-17:00 General Discussions / Show &
11:30-13:00 Lunch at Pete's Harbor