The contents of this legacy page are no longer maintained nor supported, and are made available only for historical purposes.
Internet Atlas Gallery
GTrace - Geographical Traceroute
Cooperative Association for Internet Data Analysis (CAIDA)
San Diego Supercomputer Center (SDSC)
University of California, San Diego (UCSD)
||About the Visualization
Plot lat/long points; draw straight lines between hops.
Key Visualization Mappings:|
Line color shows confidence in location mapping.
Colored ball indicates the data source used
for the lat/long mapping
- Green line = high confidence in both endpoints
- Yellow line = high confidence in one endpoint; moderate confidence in
- Blue line = moderate confidence in both endpoints
- Red line = geographic center of the country where the
IP address is believed to be located, or the location
obtained from the whois record of the associated
Color of RTT value shows how many packets were lost:
- Green = DNS LOC record
- Yellow = Match found in GTrace DBs or user DBs
- Blue = Domain parsing file
- Cyan = Hostname reduction match
- Red = WHOIS record of the best-match domain name for IP address
- Gray = Country code
- Black = none
- Blue = lost one pkt
- Red = lost 2 or 3 pkts
by Van Jacobsen
java code by Ram Periakaruppen (CAIDA).
(Tool3) NetGeo utilities by CAIDA
|Click Image for Full-Size Visualization